Monday, June 16, 2014

Steady On

http://david-lamb.artistwebsites.com/featured/steady-on-david-lamb.html
Second shot in this series. See I was doing a little bit of hiking and ran across this guy walking through the grass. I don't know why, but I still get as excited to see a turtle out in the wild as I did when I was 10 years old. It's like a holiday or something. I get a feeling that some of the other hikers around me had a chuckle as I laid flat on the grass for about twenty minutes taking photos, and trying to talk encouragingly to the turtle, under the mistaken idea it would keep it calm. He made a slow approach to the tall grass eventually. Fun day! This case an Eastern Box Turtle; fairly common in Pennsylvania. Available as prints and greeting cards at dlamb photography.

Understandably Shy is also part of my Life Forms collection at RedBubble, available for shirts, hoodies, and throw pillows.

Also available as digital download and available for licensing at 500px.