Thursday, August 21, 2014

Halictid Bee

http://david-lamb.artistwebsites.com/featured/halictid-bee-david-lamb.html
I found a bush with the yellow flowers that attracted a bunch of the #HalictidBee. So many in fact, that as I was lost in my viewfinder shooting this, I notice an audible hum that I hadn’t noticed before. When I lifted my head, I realized that I was practically in a swarm of them. There were hundreds, where there were a few dozen before.A few decided it was a good idea to perch on my head, and I was in no position to argue. Available on dlamb photography as cards, prints and framed pieces.

It is also part of my Macro collection on RedBubble, even available now as throw pillows and metallic prints.

It is also available @ 500px for digital download and licensing.

#insect #bug #close up #HalictidBee