Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Another Crack in the Wall

http://www.redbubble.com/people/dlamb/works/14904809-another-crack-in-the-wall
 I spent a lot of time keeping an eye out for that real obvious and unique crack in a sidewalk or a wall for a photo challenge I was invited to, but I didn’t happen upon anything that jumped out at me. Since one of the things I love about macro photography is how it reveals hidden details, I decided to take a closer look at some ‘ordinary’ looking cracks  and see what hidden details it had to offer. An up close of a curb in a parking lot, I could see the obvious rust stain around the crack, but also a variety of colors that were very muted, yet interacted in an interesting way. When processing the photo, I ‘pushed’ the colors and contrast up quite a bit (I take my photos in RAW format, and process them in Photoshop CS5), to help reveal the hard to see detail. It’s a lot of fun to see what emerges when you look deep into something simple, and try and share what you are seeing with everyone else.

This photo is part of my Urban Abstract collection on RedBubble, available in print, throw pillows, laptop and phone cases, and tote bags.

#abstract #urbanabstract #macro #broken #cracked #concrete #dlambphotography