Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Scorched Earth

http://www.redbubble.com/people/dlamb/works/14583657-scorched-earth?c=126748-urban-abstract
Rust on a dumpster, lit by the sun in mid-afternoon. I used a polarized filter to bring out the colors, which being blue and red, were fantastic to begin with. Never pass up a good dumpster if you are looking for nice rust. When I saw a bright blue one from a distance, I didn't know if it was rusty or not, but I had to investigate since I knew from simple color theory that any red showing up on the blue would pop nicely.The sun was at a good angle for shadows that gave it some dimension, and a little extra 'crunch' to the texture.

This was sharpened, color corrected and cropped in Photoshop CS5. It is part of my Urban Abstract collection on RedBubble, available in print, throw pillows, laptop and phone cases, and tote bags.


Scorched Earth is available on dlamb photography as cards, prints and framed pieces.


It is also available @ 500px for digital download and licensing.

#rust #abstract #metal #dlambphotography